The Breast Center operates the country’s first Stereotactic Mammotome Breast Biopsy System which allows computer-guided, minimally invasive biopsies that preserve breast tissue and can be done quickly and safely. Its superior imaging modalities include Digital Mammogram, Breast Ultrasound, and Breast Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Biopsy Coil, a device that maps the tumor’s location inside the breast more sharply.
Digital Breast Tomosynthesis, the latest addition to the Breast Center’s most advanced technology, is a newly developed form of three-dimensional (3D) imaging of the breast which offers a clearer and more accurate view compared to digital mammography (2D) alone.
The advantages of digital breast tomosynthesis include improved diagnostic capabilities, clearer images of dense breast tissue, earlier detection of small breast cancers, fewer unnecessary biopsies or additional tests and less emotional and physical stress for patients, among others.
(1) Stereotactic Mammotome Breast Biopsy System (Minimally invasive biopsy);
(2) Digital Breast Tomosynthesis (3D Imaging);
(3) Digital Mammogram, Breast Ultrasound, and Breast MRI Biopsy Coil
(4) Breast Conservation Surgery (BCS) with Intraoperative Radiation Treatment (IORT)
(5) Nipple sparing/ Skin Sparing Mastectomy with Immediate Breast Reconstruction
(6) Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy
(7) Oncoplastic Procedure
(8) Image-Guided Biopsy Procedure